Your laptop may automatically connect to the wireless network depending on your location.
Available Networks PeaceHealth Southwest's SSID: SouthwestPI - Provides filtered Internet Access.
- Filters block pornography, gambling, and similar inappropriate public access sites.
- Web-based e-mail, EBay, MySpace, News sources, banking and similar sites are allowed.
- PeaceHealth Southwest makes no guarantees about accessibility of specific sites, their functioning or services.
Wireless Internet Access Defined
Wireless is internet access using radio frequencies as opposed to using cables. This enables a PeaceHealth Southwest patient or guest to bring their own laptop or wireless device to PeaceHealth Southwest and use PeaceHealth Southwest's internet connection from specified locations.
Hardware and Software Requirements
You can access the wireless network with a laptop, a notebook computer, or a personal digital assistant (PDA) equipped with an Internet browser and a Wi-Fi compliant (also known as IEEE 802.11a, b, or g) wireless Ethernet card.
In most devices the card will be installed in the PCMCIA slot on the side of the computer. Most card manufactures provide software that should be loaded onto your equipment before installing the card.
Support for Wireless Access
PeaceHealth Southwest staff is not available to assist with setting up wireless internet on your computer; you are responsible for setting up your own equipment.
Wireless connectivity can be complex as a result of the large number of combinations of laptop, PDA and Web-enabled cell phone makes and models, wireless cards, and service providers.
If you use an operating system other than those listed here, or if you experience difficulties that the instructions below do not resolve, please consult the user manuals for your equipment or contact your laptop or wireless device provider for further assistance.
Internet Explorer Tips:
- Please note that depending on your version of software, there may be variations in the procedures.
- From Control Panel, select Internet Options > Connections tab
- If you also have a dial-up connection, it should not be set to "Always dial my default connection."
- LAN Settings should be "Automatically detect settings" and leave the Proxy server settings blank.