Important information about your surgery
A quick reference guide for your surgery at Southwest Washington Regional Surgery Center
- Southwest Washington Regional Surgery Center (SWRSC) is located in the Physicians' Pavilion on the PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center campus, 200 N.E. Mother Joseph Place.
- A parking structure is connected to the Physicians' Pavilion. The sky bridge walkway on the second level of the parking structure leads directly to SWRSC.
- Do not check in at the Medical Center Patient Registration Department. When you enter suite 200 in the Physician Pavilion you will see the SWRSC reception/registration desk where you should check in.
- We will call you at the number you provided to your surgeon's office, after 3pm on the working day prior to your surgery. At that time we will let you know the exact time that you should check in at SWRSC. Your final time may differ significantly from the time you were originally given by your surgeon.
- A completed Health History Questionnaire and Consent Form. These documents are included in the SWRSC folder that should be given to you by your surgeon's office at your pre-op visit.
- Insurance ID card, billing information and, if applicable, your Medicare card or Medicaid coupon.
- Clothing that can fit over a large dressing.
- Crutches, if your surgeon has recommended them. If you bring crutches, please leave them in your car.
- A responsible adult should accompany you and remain available to drive you home. You will usually be ready to go home one to two hours after your surgery.
- If you use a prescription inhaler, please bring it with you.
- Do take your usual morning medications for blood pressure, heart, asthma, seizures or necessary prescribed pain medication, with only a tiny sip of water.
- Do bathe or shower on the morning of your surgery. You may brush your teeth but do not swallow.
- Do complete pre-operative lab work or other tests prior to your surgery, as instructed by your surgeon.
- Do advise family members and or/friends, who accompany you on the day of your surgery, that visiting in the recovery area will be limited to one visitor at a time.
- Do arrange to have a responsible adult with you for 24 hours after your surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight before surgery. This means that you may not have water, breath mints, candy or gum. No smoking or chewing tobacco. Please see instructions above related to medications.
- Do not take oral diabetic medications on the morning of your surgery.
- Do not take insulin, if you are having afternoon surgery. You may take one-half of your usual morning dose if you are having surgery before noon.
- Do bring diapers and a bottle or sippy cup, as appropriate for the age of your child. These will be used after surgery.
- Do bring a comfort item for your child, such as a blanket, stuffed animal or toy.
- Do plan to remain in SWRSC during your child's surgery. A parent or guardian must remain at the surgery center at all times.
- Do not allow your child to have anything to eat or drink after midnight before surgery.