Dear Prospective Volunteer:
Thank you for your interest in the Volunteer Program at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center (PeaceHealth Southwest). PeaceHealth Southwest has a commitment to continuity and quality of service to our patients, staff and guests. For this reason, we are seeking volunteers who are willing to commit to a minimum of four (4) hours per week and at least six (6) months of service. As a Volunteer Applicant for the Medical Center, we require the following prerequisites and criteria:
- Attend a 1-hour Information Session
- Complete an Orientation and Training Seminar
- TB testing (completed after personal interview and acceptance into the Volunteer program)
- Documented proof of immunity to measles, rubella, mumps and chicken pox (photo copy is acceptable)
- Nationwide Background Inquiry (our office will do this)
- Names of three professional/personal references (our office will check references)
- Be dependable and able to follow written and oral instructions
- Abide by ALL of PeaceHealth Southwest and Volunteer Services Policies, Procedures and Confidentiality Requirements
- Present a well-groomed appearance and adhere to our Dress Code Policy
- Have initiative and be willing to develop skills
- Attend meetings, workshops and annual training sessions
The first step in the application process is to attend a 1 hour Information Session. The next Information Sessions for Adult Volunteers will be held on:
* Monday, January 6, 2014 at 12:00 noon and 5:30pm.
* Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:00 noon and 5:30pm.
Pre-registration is not required. These sessions are held in the hospital Health Education Center, located at the 92nd Ave side of the hospital. We will be happy to answer any questions at the Information Sessions.
We’re looking forward to meeting you soon.
Contact: 360.514.2035 or email