|PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Student Checklist
If you have any questions, contact the clinical placement coordinators:
- Obtain a clinical instructor badge from our Human Resources Department within one week prior to beginning your clinical rotation. See student badge access letter for more information. All students should have door access. The students in Surgery, PACU, FBC, CVAD, and CVO will be given scrub access via their badge.
- Complete the online general orientation program available through StudentMax Connection at http://tcps-ocn.org once a year. Your school should have your login and password information. It is estimated to take approximately 2 hours to complete these 5 generic modules on Emergency Preparedness, Confidentiality and Compliance, Infection Control, Safety and Dealing with Diverse Populations.
- Complete the LifeScan online tutorial at https://hospitaltraining.lifescan.com
- Hospital login is sou272.
- Click on SureStep Flexx Meter
- When prompted for your ID enter 's' for student, then your first name initial, followed by the last 4 digits of your SS#
- Now you can do the online training
- Take the review test and print out results. A minimum of 90% is required for passing. You can repeat the test if necessary
- Give a copy of the printed test to your clinical instructor or designated School of Nursing (SON) contact.
- Complete the PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center facility specific forms, and give to your clinical instructor or designated SON contact a minimum of two weeks prior to your clinical rotation.
- Most of you will attend a 3 hour computer training class to learn the very basics of our barcoding medication administration system and our electronic documentation.
Your clinical instructor will arrange the training class date and time, unless you are in your final, senior rotation/precepted/capstone placement and the only one from your SON. If this is the case, contact the clinical placement coordinators and you will be given the student computer trainer contact information:
You will not attend computer training if you are placed in the following areas:
Computer training is held in the Medical Center's Physician's Building, Building B in the basement room LL 20 and must occur prior to the start of your clinical experience.
- Cancer Center
- Cardiac Rehab
- Cardiovascular Angiography Department (CVAD)
- Cardiovascular Observation (CVO)
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine Southwest
- Memorial Urgent Care Clinic
- PeriOperative Services
- Fill out the Student HCI User Password Verification Statement for computer access and check the 'need HSM' box.
- This includes Surgery, PACU, Short Stay Unit (SSU), and Same Day Services-Medical (SDS). Those departments will do their own computer training.
- Ray Hickey Hospice House
- Fill out the Student HCI User Password Verification Statement for computer access but students do NOT need computer training class. The Hospice House staff will do their own computer training.
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Oxygen Center
Please do not attempt to access computers onsite until computer training is completed.
For students who have done previous rotations at this facility
- Carry your clinical student passport at all times at all clinical sites.
Cheryl Snodgrass: 360.514.2023 or email@example.com
Larizza Limjuco: 360.514.6888 or firstname.lastname@example.org