Download a PDF file of this information.
What is PeaceHealth Southwest's Secure E-mail?
A secure e-mail message system that meets all patient confidentiality laws and regulations. Secure e-mail is not to be used for urgent or sensitive care issues.
How does it work?
- PeaceHealth Southwest must first send you a secure e-mail. The word ‘Secure' will appear in the subject line.
- Your replies are secure and fully encrypted, as are attachments you send.
- If you send an e-mail to us first, that e-mail is not secure.
How do I use it? (Read the full manual in HTML or PDF format)
- Opening and reading secure e-mail
- Click the link in the secure e-mail message (the word ‘Secure' will appear in the subject line).
- The first time you do this, you will be prompted to choose a password and enter it twice. Then click ‘Submit'. Hint: Don't use your personal e-mail password.
- After the first time, you will only need to enter your user name and password.
- Your password won't expire, but you can change it at any time.
- If you forget your password, you can click "Forgot Your Password" in the e-mail you receive from us.
- Once you are logged in, open and read messages just like you do with your regular e-mail. On-screen instructions will help you.
- o Replying to secure e-mail
- To reply to an e-mail, click ‘Reply'. When you're done entering your message, click Send.
- Remember, once you are logged in, all of your messages, replies and attachments are secure.
- If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. Secure e-mail is not for urgent or sensitive care issues.
- o Saving secure e-mails
- To save your e-mail, use Select All from the menu bar on your browser (Explorer, Netscape, etc.). Copy the email and paste it into a word processing document.
- Important: When you save the information to your computer, the saved file on your computer is no longer secure, so use caution when saving.
- Once a secure message has been deleted, it cannot be retrieved.
- Secure messages are automatically deleted 24 hours after you read it.
- o What happens to unopened e-mail, and how will I know that my reply was received?
- If you don't open your e-mail within 24 hours of it being sent, you and the sender will receive a notice.
- In your reply, you can request to be notified that your reply was received.
- If your reply is ‘undeliverable', your personal e-mail provider's system will send you a message.
- PeaceHealth Southwest cannot provide direct customer support for how to use PeaceHealth Southwest secure e-mail.
- Ask your health care provider to answer questions you may have about using secure e-mail.
- For detailed information on how to use the service, go to http://www.swmedicalcenter.org/body.cfm?id=3493
- We won't ask you for any other identifying information. If you are asked for any other identifying information, please report it.
- To report a possible violation of secure e-mail or to report a malfunction, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360.514.2915.