|PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Faculty Checklist
If you have any questions, contact the clinical placement coordinators:
- Read and follow the policy as it relates to your students:
- Send a list of student and clinical instructor names with start/end dates and department/nursing class assigned a minimum of two weeks prior to the clinical start date to: Becky Larson at email@example.com or fax to 360.514.2170
- Obtain a clinical instructor badge from our Human Resources Department within one week prior to beginning your clinical rotation. See clinical instructor badge access letter for more information. All students/instructors should have door access. The students in Surgery, PACU, FBC, CVAD, and CVO will be given scrub access via their badge.
- Complete the online general orientation program available through StudentMax Connection at http://tcps-ocn.org/ once a year. Your school should have your password to access the nursing quiz.
- Complete the LifeScan online tutorial at https://hospitaltraining.lifescan.com/ (if you plan on checking blood sugars). The same directions apply to your students:
- Hospital login is sou272.
- Click on SureStep Flexx Meter
- When prompted for your ID enter 's' for student, then your first name initial, followed by the last 4 digits of your SS#
- Now you can do the online training
- Take the review test and print out results. A minimum of 90% is required for passing. You can repeat the test if necessary
- Please send a copy of the printed test results for both you and your students to: Becky Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 360.514.2170
- Complete the PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center facility specific forms, collect all the forms, and send to Becky Larson at email@example.com or fax to 360.514.2170
- Contact Stephanie Meyer at 360.514.2977 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange/register for computer training for yourself and/or your students. This training is approximately 3 hours.
- If you are bringing a cohort of students or group of students from your school in a senior experience, it is your responsibility to arrange the computer training and notify your students.
- If you are placing just one student in a senior practicum experience, the student may call Stephanie Meyer themselves. Classes will be scheduled based on availability and training needs of the clinical instructors and students.
- All students/clinical instructors need the computer training except those placed in the following areas:
- Cancer Center
- Cardiac Rehab
- Cardiovascular Angiography Department (CVAD)
- Cardiovascular Observation (CVO)
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine Southwest
- Memorial Urgent Care Clinic
- PeriOperative Services
- Fill out the Student HCI User Password Verification Statement for computer access and check the 'need HSM' box.
- This includes Surgery, PACU, Short Stay Unit (SSU), and Same Day Services-Medical (SDS). Those departments will do their own computer training.
- Ray Hickey Hospice House
- Fill out the Student HCI User Password Verification Statement for computer access but students do NOT need computer training class. The Hospice House staff will do their own computer training.
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Oxygen Center
- Computer training is held in the Medical Center's Physician's Building, Building B in the basement room LL 20 and must occur prior to the start of you/your student's clinical experience.
- Please do not attempt to access computers onsite for your students until computer training is completed.
- Please remind students that if they have future rotations at this facility, they must retain their username/password information.
For students who have done previous rotations at this facility:
- Carry your clinical faculty passport at all times at all clinical sites.
- Click on this link for your PeaceHealth Southwest Department Contact Information for Nursing Students in precepting/ capstone/senior experiences
Cheryl Snodgrass: 360.514.2023 or email@example.com
Larizza Limjuco: 360.514.6888 or firstname.lastname@example.org